303.443.7900 or 303.443.6690 info@coloradolawyer.com


Q: Can I sue the State, Federal, or local government for injuries caused by a government employee, or on government property?

A: That depends on how the injury occurred. As a general rule, the various State and Federal governments are immune from liability and cannot be sued. In certain instances, such as auto accidents and injuries occurring on government property, claims can be pursued. Time is critical because there are notices which must be submitted to the appropriate governmental entity within a short period of time after an injury has occurred. There are other technical requirements that apply to claims against the government. Don’t delay. If you have been injured by a government employee in a car accident, or on government property, you need to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer right away. Call us for a free consultation.