303.443.7900 or 303.443.6690 info@coloradolawyer.com

How Do I Report An Automobile Crash?

The Colorado State Patrol has published guidelines for reporting automobile accidents. See Crash Information | Colorado State Patrol – CSP

You must also report crash to your automobile insurance carrier as soon as possible, regardless of whether you believe there have been injuries are significant property damage. That is for your insurance carrier to decide. You never know when someone who was involved in the crash will file a claim against your insurance. If you have not reported the crash, your insurance carrier may not cover the claim, leaving you to pay for it. The necessary reporting information will be located on your Proof of Insurance card issued by your insurance company. Be sure to keep a copy with you in the vehicle when driving in order to present it to the law enforcement officer if you are asked for it at the scene of the crash .